Thread: ATW West 2015 Anaheim

Blog Entries

ATW West 2015 Anaheim

I was contacted Friday about a company that has some machinery that would help automate some of our future products. It just happened to be that the convention is tomorrow and a quick plane flight away. I'll head out to view this sector of the industry and see where it crosses over to automotive manufacturing.

I look foward to something other than SEMA.....
    SCCA National Runoffs GT-1 Bronze Medal
    SCCA GT-1 Divisional Champion

Noble Automotive USA (TurboHoses Company)

Noble M12/M400
    Hoover@nobleautomotive.com
    925 -455-1066

Blog Entries
    Very different than all the other conventions I've attended throughout the years.
    So far, I've arrived 2.5 hours early and made my way to the nearest Hotel and waiting in the lobby. I'm uber sleepy and think that a Redbull is in order today!!!!
    Maybe there's some cool robots to look at while I'm here.

Noble M12/M400
    925 -455-1066

Blog Entries
    Robots.... Lots of robots here.......

Noble M12/M400
    925 -455-1066

Blog Entries
    The show was interesting and oddly had more to do with where the TH/Origin company is headed more so than PRI and SEMA. My meetings were very successful and I did make a purchase and excited about how this will change how we work forward with future projects.
    I'M UBER PUMPED!!!!!!!

Noble M12/M400
    925 -455-1066

What is the new toy for the shop?

Did you get the titanium spitting 3D printer Koenigsegg uses to print their turbo housings?

Blog Entries
    The machine I really wanted is 1M. I will wait for the technology to come down in price.
    I settled for a lesser version....

ATX West is a bunch of conventions all tied into one. It looks like all the conventions I've photographed, but with different non-auto related vendors and NO booth babes (but a few of the pro-sales women were very attractive, however.) It's mainly comprised of manufacturing technology, medical grade materials/services, packaging and warehousing machinery. Needless to say, I walked 1/3 of the show after my meeting, but departed after I got a good enough feel for this industry. Like any convention, there are companies from overseas with copy-cat products as well as everyone selling the same products and services a different way.

We've learned a ton from post design work with the HVR; mainly how the industry and processes that are needed. I've learned to keep my eyes open and not get caught up in the day in/out of current procedures and spend a good portion moving towards the future. It's a constant game of education, integration, application and repeating the process over and over while fine tuning what we have today and adjusting everything for what TH is to become later this year. It's a very fast moving pace with no hours to spare. The key is to look back and learn from those lessons and try to better yourself the next time around. Technology is very fast pace and adding to my 13 year tradition of SEMA, PRI with something different was not eye opening, but door opening.......
    Last edited by Hoover; 02-11-15 at 06:47 PM.

Noble M12/M400
    925 -455-1066