Thread: how long does battery last when not driving?

how long does battery last when not driving?

I just made a post on the PH forum saying the battery will drain after 5-7 days of being parked because of the security system. I thought I had read this somewhere on the past forum, but someone said that is not correct.

I have never actually tested that. Does anyone actually know how long the battery lasts, assuming it has all the standard security still hooked up?

Quote Originally Posted by goo-goo-gjoob View Post
    I just made a post on the PH forum saying the battery will drain after 5-7 days of being parked because of the security system. I thought I had read this somewhere on the past forum, but someone said that is not correct.

I have never actually tested that. Does anyone actually know how long the battery lasts, assuming it has all the standard security still hooked up?
    I've heard and read estimates all over the place. I don't think there's consensus on the issue, and it seems different for different cars.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goo-goo-gjoob View Post

run a battery parasitic draw test.
    a severe draw is like 10amps+, but that's HUGE and you'll know it, sometimes fuses pop.
    if it's small you'll see around .050<.
    SCCA National Runoffs GT-1 Bronze Medal
    SCCA GT-1 Divisional Champion

Noble Automotive USA (TurboHoses Company)

Noble M12/M400
    Hoover@nobleautomotive.com
    925 -455-1066