Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carbon Noble M12

Carbon Noble M12

Most will know I have been steadily replacing all the panels on my car with lacquered carbon.... Well I have now done them all and here are some pics of the result.

Its not finished as the first part I made was my rear clam and I didn't pay attention to direct of the weave (well it was my first attempt) so I do need to remake that at some stage, it doesn't look terrible just end with people getting confused by the changes of direction etc thats not usually visible under painted genuine carbon panels.

Worth mentioning that manufacturers like Pegani charge something like 15k for their carbon bodywork to be lacquered with the weave neat so Im pretty pleased with myself on the panels I have done this with and matched them all together...

Not lines the panels up properly yet so the panel gaps are still all over the place and it needs a few more coats of lacquer to get the finish I'm after in the final car. Probably should have cleaned it before the pics as well lol

Forgot to mention, the total weight saving on the carbon body over the stock is around 45kgs... the tub and the doors are massively stronger than original so I could have saved there but felt I wanted to beef them up.

Wow...THAT'S resetting the bar! Congrats...I know how difficult that is to achieve.

That must be the first full carbon lawnmower!

Looks fantastic. Well done
    2016 Ligier ELMS LMP3
    2010 Rossion Q1R Turbohoses
    2014 élan DP02 Prototype Lites
    2013 Radical SR3RS
    2012 McLaren 12c
    1999 Mazda Spec Miata

did a track day at silverstone and got some footage and telemetry so did some overlay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-23Wdq4etU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOA-wXMOJCw

Andy, awesome videos! Im curious as to what type of shifting system you are using. It sounds very quick especially on downshifts. That can't be stock no?

probably homemade with carbon

Only the gearnob is carbon lol

Its a stock ford 6 speed box with steel bearing cases and oil cooling (same as everyone else)... the gear change mechanism was upgraded to M400 linkage, its still a normal H pattern.. nothing 'special' in any of it.

However I designed a triple plate clutch setup for my car around 4 years ago which means i have a fraction of the rotating mass of other nobles... I also run full throttle upshifts and its these 2 things combined that allow fast changes as low as 0.2s.

What do you use? Standalone system or is that programmed in your ECU (Motec?)?

I junked the MBE and fitted a motec M800 so that i could activate safeties inside the ecu to save the engine if issues occur... also junked the noble wiring loom and had a new one made up.