Thread: Carbon Tub

Carbon Tub

Been working on making moulds and a carbon tub for a few months... finally got it finished off and painted

Weighs 16kgs and is reinforced with foam core & kevlar in places and strong enough that I can stand on the roof...

Still needs more time at the paint shop to get the the quality of finish I want, but I will get the entire car done at a later stage as I want to get it bonded onto the car this weekend.

Awesome result Andy ! Very impressive what you have been pulling off, and look forward to see how it all comes together, and you have the final finish at the body shop. During prep of the plug, did you modify anything, or leave all details pure stock ?

WOW!!! Extremely impressive.
    STOP PLATE TECTONICS!

Very nice!
    2016 Ligier ELMS LMP3
    2010 Rossion Q1R Turbohoses
    2014 élan DP02 Prototype Lites
    2013 Radical SR3RS
    2012 McLaren 12c
    1999 Mazda Spec Miata

Blog Entries
    You know he works at pagani!!!
    SCCA National Runoffs GT-1 Bronze Medal
    SCCA GT-1 Divisional Champion

Noble Automotive USA (TurboHoses Company)

Noble M12/M400
    Hoover@nobleautomotive.com
    925 -455-1066

sweet!

Blog Entries
    This is a ton of labor.
    We've been making large moulds for the past month and hundreds of hours involved.....

Good job!!!!
    SCCA National Runoffs GT-1 Bronze Medal
    SCCA GT-1 Divisional Champion

Noble Automotive USA (TurboHoses Company)

Noble M12/M400
    Hoover@nobleautomotive.com
    925 -455-1066

That Sir, Is a thing of beauty! Only things I might change is add M400 style side scoops for airflow and switch to the Sonata tail lights, I just feel like they fit the lines of the car better. But that's to each his own and damn your car is beautiful.

Thanks, I did consider the Sonata light, but personally I prefer the UK lights when they are partially blacked out, I MIGHT make myself some new complete clusters but currently Im happy with the look.

As for the M400 side scoops, I simply don't like them, they are not needed for air flow and if you look carefully the actual line of the scoop don't even flow with the body.

Ive started a new project (remaking a british ford classic with my own chassis and carbon body with a V10)... and the only thing I have left on the noble bodywork wise is make some carbon wing uprights and some end plates.