Page 2 of 100 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: GT-1 Racing 2014

Blog Entries
    We at TurboHoses can not thank all of you enough for the support of the company! You all have kept us so busy and we appreciate what this community is doing for us. We realize that you all have choices when it comes to building your cars. We believe that the investment in your cars is just as much an investment in our company. We budget daily and constantly reinvest into future products, racing and continued development of these incredible cars.

This weekend was a bust!!! I was no doubt upset, but tried my best to keep cool and just work harder. This morning the crew was on par. Within two hours, cars were being finished, new projects started and engines being removed. By the end of the day, I saw some new projects that were delivered from out of state and more calls to schedule for transport. Thank you!!! Every bit helps support the company.

No doubt that someone here gave a referral to transport two cars and track support from California to Nevada that are non-noble/rossion owners.

Folks, really appreciate everything and can't thank you all enough!!!!
    SCCA National Runoffs GT-1 Bronze Medal
    SCCA GT-1 Divisional Champion

Noble Automotive USA (TurboHoses Company)

Noble M12/M400
    Hoover@nobleautomotive.com
    925 -455-1066

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FASTLAP View Post
    Well Hoover, welcome to SCCA "CLUB" Racing. I joined SCCA in 1982 to get involved in road racing and witnessed so many changes over the years. Most competitors were using vans or pickups, even station wagons with open trailers, but the BIG timers were using enclosed tag-a-long trailers. Everyone was always one big family as well, helping one another, even loaning you an engine to get you back out on track. As usual things get bigger and more expensive to the point where amateur racing is near the level of many pro teams. Hell, we eventually had a rig and a Newell motor coach to travel around the country to race.

Probably the MOST extreme team operation that I had seen was at the 2005 Runoffs at Mid Ohio when we were racing Atlantics. Hometown boy Graham Rahal was there with support from his dad Bobby's Indy Car operation, I'm talking the ENTIRE team of about thirty crew members as well as Engineers. I remember one night early in the week a suspicious unmarked box truck showed up at the garage where Graham's car was and a buttload of racing tires were very secretively unloaded into the garage. Well the next morning on pit lane we saw Hoosier Tire engineers around his car. When we got a glance at the tires there were NO COMPOUND NUMBERS stamped on the sidewall. Well of course he went on to smoke everyone there. When we mentioned to the stewards in Impound about the "mystery" tires, nothing was done. I mean, how do you compete with that. I guess it's always hard to beat the "home team".

The SCCA Majors Tour series is a real PIA. Instead of having many National races available within a reasonable tow to qualify for the Runoffs, you now have a limited few races to participate in and they are scattered at great distances. I know that is a real cash cow for the Regions and tracks on that schedule............

Just a few thoughts.
    totally agree!

We reviewed the Majors Tour and only people in our region have an advantage. SCCA has added caveats for competitors that can race at LS, Sonoma and Thill for points. You are correct, there's not enough races in the East Coast and that alone will limit participation. It seems that SCCA is relying on heavy participation from California and surrounding states- makes sense overall.

We've been testing so much that we spent just as much on test day fees, fuel, tires, transport and staff as a race day. Thunderhill charged nearly as much for a test day as the race weekend.
    The cost is very close to pro-racing short of a full crew. Flights, food, hotels and wages at a small scale still aren't small.
    I was talking to RacerRob this morning and we were trying to work out what makes sense, not just a way to make up points. GT Class isn't like spec. Miatas. The basics such as: fuel, tires, brakes , maintenance etc....... all cost more from the point of consumables.

Noble M12/M400
    925 -455-1066

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle View Post
    Hoover, might be a good idea to get some frequent flyer memberships w diff airlines, yr gonna need them to keep up w the shop. That and look into remote communications options, that will help too
    We determined that next year will be difficult.
    I can have someone drive the transporter while our crew flies in.
    We're lucky it's at Laguna our first year.
    We'll do our best to put on a good show.

Noble M12/M400
    925 -455-1066

Blog Entries
    we are making adjustments to aero. Canards are not GT legal, so they must be removed and we need the frontal downforce badly. going to modify the splitter.

Noble M12/M400
    925 -455-1066

Hoover,
    It's so exciting to see TH running in GT-1, and strategically speaking being there for the practice and not racing makes sense. Keeps your competitors from getting antsy about the return of turbos to their home turf. I'm sure you already have a good plan for the splitter. My research showed big advantages to getting the splitter (airdam) LOW, which should also increase airflow to front mounted coolers. Are you running floor fences in front of the tires?

-Stew

Blog Entries
    Stew,

Were very excited as well.

I wish I could say it's strategy based, but it wasn't. I didn't want to gamble our motor this early in the game and come out looking like an idiot. We bowed out gracefully to fight another day. Judging by the amount of people that came looking for us, we've created quite a bit of interest/concern. One of the vendors we use was a Board of Director of the CRB for 10+ years, he asked me last week about the turbos and how it was allowed. He'd never seen that in GT-1 before.

I spoke to racerrob this morning with regards to removing the canards and modifying the splitter with a barge boards on the side of the splitter so that it's not part of the bodywork. We're also going to lower the splitter by fabricating spacer between the body work and aero.

Noble M12/M400
    925 -455-1066

Quote Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
    Stew,

Were very excited as well.

I wish I could say it's strategy based, but it wasn't. I didn't want to gamble our motor this early in the game and come out looking like an idiot. We bowed out gracefully to fight another day. Judging by the amount of people that came looking for us, we've created quite a bit of interest/concern. One of the vendors we use was a Board of Director of the CRB for 10+ years, he asked me last week about the turbos and how it was allowed. He'd never seen that in GT-1 before.

I spoke to racerrob this morning with regards to removing the canards and modifying the splitter with a barge boards on the side of the splitter so that it's not part of the bodywork. We're also going to lower the splitter by fabricating spacer between the body work and aero.
    Hoover, is this allowed on the Noble for GT-1 as on my 993TT with GT2 front aerokit splitter? We call it the "moustache" in Porsche aerokit lingo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Noble M400, Hooverized, 515RWHP/516RWlb-ft (93 octane), 572RWHP/537RWlb-ft (100 octane), "M600/The Black and Blue Beast."
    Porsche 993TT, Protomotive (Protosport) 3.8L, Mahle P/C, GT2 EVO cams, GT3076, 997GT3RSRCup brakes, H&R Clubsport S/S, 650-700HP.
    Porsche 996TSCab, Protomotive (Protosport) 4.0L, TurboRSRCabriolet, 93 Octane and E85, Bilstein PSS10 S/S, 800-1,000HP.
    Audi RS4, MTM Lysholm Opcon twin-screw SC, Laminova A/W IC, Ohlins/Hotchkis, 540HP, "The Cherry Bomb."
    Audi R8 V10, ESS Tuning Whipple 2.9L twin-screw SC, GMG Racing exhaust/130R wheels, H&R lowering springs, Sprint Booster, 760HP, "The Silver Bullet."

Blog Entries
    image-391594680.jpg

Lemonade out of lemons.....I hope.
    Last nites work....

I have an experimental engine and it's going in....

Were getting rid of a bunch of brackets, swapping alternator, power steering assembly.

That's about 22lbs.

Noble M12/M400
    925 -455-1066

Blog Entries
    some of you seen in another thread, that we are tooling the entire fastback and rear clam in carbon fiber. I hope 8 weeks.
    The important part is not to lose weight, but bias weight where necessary. We still have to meet minimal competition weight requirements, but those of you that don't race, have a HUGE advantage over our set up. Your cars will be lighter all around.

Moving foward- we are completing a CAD model of race body work. It's close. Wider quarter panels all around, and basically body work that I'll may replace DV's entire body or bolt on to a new chassis design that we've completed tooling.
    In either case, if DV gets hit (sunday's race was raining and there were some major wrecks as a results. Maybe it's a good thing we pulled out) I'll definitely upgrade the entire body.

Noble M12/M400
    925 -455-1066

Blog Entries
    For our applications, we're going to have TurboHoses HOSE Company custom make a small production hoses specific for this application.

Noble M12/M400
    925 -455-1066