Thread: gauge options

gauge options

Not too happy with my current gauge set-up. ideally I would like to have gauges that can send an output signal to big LED warning light in my line of sight (I dont like to have to lower my eyes and search my gauges when on the track).
    I know Spa technique does that and with their dual gauges I could get in fuel pressure/oil pressure, oil temp/water temp and EGT, anything else?

additionnal question, is it possible to fit 52mm gauge in place of fuel level and water temp? my car is with Troy at the moment so I can not checked but from pictures they look smaller than 52.

If there only was a gauge, which does wideband AFR. Boost/Vacuum, EGT, oil / fuel pressure or water temp. Wouldn't be so cool if you could setup a big shiny and loud warning for any parameter so you do not have to pay attention to the gauge. If that gauge could log all parameters plus RPM and throttle position reference on micro SD card.
    If there only was such thing...

I look at your website and your product, and i intended to talk to you when the time come

so go on, I would like to monitor and have alarms on:
    EGT (maybe x2, one per bank, opinions?)
    water temp
    oil temp
    oil pressure
    fuel pressure

and i want to monitor (no logging or alarms)
    boost
    fuel level

admittidely i did not look your website in full details

In a very small nutshell.
    The Zt-2 is the brain of it all, size of a deck of cards. A single Zt-2 reads/logs AFR, Boost/Vacuum, EGT, TPS, RPM, 0-5V input and oil/fuel pressure or temperature (User 2 input). You can plug to the Zt-2 up to three ZR-2 gauges. One gauge can show 4 parameters selectable through a front button plus peak and hold parameters.

You can program alarms for any parameter or a combination in the Zt-2.
    EXAMPLES:
    EGT higher than 850C
    Oil pressure below 10 PSI
    combination warning if AFR leaner that 12 AND boost above 10 PS.I
    Fuel Pressure lower than 52 PSI at boost above 12 PSI (fuel pump overrun)
    and may more.
    The alarm has an output for external relay to trigger a boost solenoid, nitrous etc.

There are several display options from round gauges, through square LCD to a touch screen display.

Logging on a PC or micro sd card. Being able to plot RPM vs AFR vs Engine Load, Boost/Vacuum and Fuel Pressure vs others is an essence of engine tuning.

I use a single EGT on the leanest meanest cylinder. Our EGT probes are very small mass and fast response. If you really need 2 EGTs or double AFR you can pair up another Zt-2 (now size of 2 decks of cards) or Zt-2 and Zt-3 (even smaller). All made in USA.
    Last edited by Zeitronix; 12-13-11 at 07:31 PM.

so i could:
    -keep stock boost gauge display (I never considered this as a critical parameter, maybe I am wrong )
    -fit Zt-2 with oil pressure/temp, water temp, EGT and fuel pressure
    -display on you LCD EGT and fuel pressure, oil pressure/temp
    -feed alarm to a bright as f*ck light on dash as soon as one of these outside define range

I also like your gps system, you should (and probably have in development) develop a gps logging software for track duty, you would have one complete package! now all we would need is to lower the HVAC control and fit a flip mechanism on top of the dash

Quote Originally Posted by ludo View Post
    so i could:
    -keep stock boost gauge display (I never considered this as a critical parameter, maybe I am wrong )
    Boost level is very important. Specially when datalogging. You need engine load reference.

-fit Zt-2 with oil pressure/temp, water temp, EGT and fuel pressure
    Plus wideband AFR, also very critical. All Zt-2s have AFR as a deafult.

-display on you LCD EGT and fuel pressure, oil pressure/temp
    Touch screen display gives you all of that and more.

-feed alarm to a bright as f*ck light on dash as soon as one of these outside define range
    Yes, bright LED rigth in your face.

I also like your gps system, you should (and probably have in development) develop a gps logging software for track duty, you would have one complete package! now all we would need is to lower the HVAC control and fit a flip mechanism on top of the dash :cool
    One of many new items on to do list.

Ok, thanks for all the info, I'll look into all that as soon as i have the car back.