Thread: Engine/Turn signal noise through stereo

Engine/Turn signal noise through stereo

Looking for some help with this issue... I have a 2009 Rossion with the Pioneer AVIC F90bt, all stock, no amp.
    At about 3000rpm, on FM stations I can hear my turn signal noise through both speakers, it drops off when the revs lower.
    However on an AM station, it is mucy worse. I can hear the turn signal indicator as a pop and also hear a pop when I hit the brakes. If I turn up the volume it gets louder, if it turn down the volume it gets much quieter.
    Sounds like a ground loop issue from what I have read, so I cut the ground wire from the radio harness and routed it directly to the chassis. No change at all. I then tried grounding straight to the battery, no change.
    To test, I disconnected the ground from the radio to chassis but the radio still functions as usual!! WTF!? Must be grounding somewhere else?
    Any thoughts? Antenna grounding maybe? I haven't tried disconnecting the antenna yet.
    Thanks guys.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WJS26 View Post
    Looking for some help with this issue... I have a 2009 Rossion with the Pioneer AVIC F90bt, all stock, no amp.
    At about 3000rpm, on FM stations I can hear my turn signal noise through both speakers, it drops off when the revs lower.
    However on an AM station, it is mucy worse. I can hear the turn signal indicator as a pop and also hear a pop when I hit the brakes. If I turn up the volume it gets louder, if it turn down the volume it gets much quieter.
    Sounds like a ground loop issue from what I have read, so I cut the ground wire from the radio harness and routed it directly to the chassis. No change at all. I then tried grounding straight to the battery, no change.
    To test, I disconnected the ground from the radio to chassis but the radio still functions as usual!! WTF!? Must be grounding somewhere else?
    Any thoughts? Antenna grounding maybe? I haven't tried disconnecting the antenna yet.
    Thanks guys.
    Check antenna lead, all grounds, make sure signal wires are not next to power wires/cables. If all else fails, put in a noise suppressor.

Noblerine