Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel pump relay part number

I got my multimeter out, set it to 20 volts. I checked a 9 volt battery abd it read 9.4 volts, so the meter must be working. I had my son hold the leads from the multimeter on the fuel pump where the red wire is attached, it comes from the relay in the fuel pump side pod and the black wire which comes from somewhere. I turned the key on, pushed the key fob like always to turn the fuel pump on and the meter shows no volts.

This is frustrating. Thanks for any and all help, I really appreciate it.

I'm going to jack the car up tomorrow, take the belly pan off and check all the connections. This should not be that difficult. I'm sure it's something simple but hard to find. Edit Post Reply Reply With Quote .

Since you have a multimeter, attach the black multimeter lead to a good ground, and set the meter on the 20v DC range. Starting at the fuel pump, touch the red lead to the positive terminal on the fuel pump, and have someone turn the key and press the key fob - see if you have any voltage there. Then, remove the relay near the pump, and check the voltage in the socket for terminals 30 and 87 (the terminals are numbered on the bottom of the relay - check the corresponding socket on the relay base with the red lead of the multimeter. You'll have to turn the key and press the fob while checking the voltages here, too.) If you have power on one of these two terminals, then you have a problem with whatever is controlling that relay - check the other two terminals (pins 85 and 86) for power using the same method. If you don't have any power on 85 or 86, you'll have to trace back the wiring from 85 and 86 to see where it goes, and check out that device. If you don't have power on either 30 or 87, move to the relay used in the fuel pump wiring mod and check all four terminals in the same way.

Success!!! Finally got the fuel pump to start and engine to start. There is something wrong with the Autowatch engine/fuel immobilizer that was put on as an extra with the car. After double checking every fuse/relay/connection we could find, my son and I noticed the black and red wire coming into the pod from behind the fuel cell. These were wired into a relay in my sidepod. Then a black and red wire came out of the relay and attached onto the + and - on the fuel pump. After taking the relay wires out of the equation, everything worked fine. We just routed the wires as they should normally be around this immobilizer and everything seems to work perfectly as far as we can tell. Black to - and red to + on the fuel pump. When we install the new zeitronix gauge sometime this week we will see if we can trace the wires from the faulty immobilizer to see what is causing this issue but for now we are glad to have the car working again. We are so happy to be in this tight knit community where everyone is willing to lend a helping hand for an owner in trouble thank you all so much.

I wonder if I hit some wrong combination on the key fob and shut something down on the immobilizer. I am going to carry a few extra relays, jusy in case one does go out. I now know where everything is in regards to the ecu, relays, fuses. I now have a much better understanding of the wiring and now really wonder why some things were done the way they were. You can easily reach behind the velcro'd heat shield and replace fuel pump/starter/ac/ecu relays if needed.

Thanks again for all your help.

Ken & Jon