Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Registering in California - SB100

Registering in California - SB100

I'll kick off the "How to license a used Noble/Rossion in California" thread:

I'll post the step sequence I followed tomorrow.

Jeff

I spent 4 hours at DMV today to finish registration process and receive plates. DMV was not a problem though, CHP officer messed up VIN verification paperwork.

I also spent hours waiting at the DMV for CA plates. Finally got them, but the DMV makes it painfully obvious that they don't want you there without an appointment. To wrap up my whole CA registration process, it is not quick or easy, but it can be done as long as you follow the steps outlined by others on the forum. It definitely helps to go where others have gone (Pleasanton DMV, Livermore BAR) Make sure that the VIN the CHP assigns is the one used by the BAR and DMV. The DMV was able to correct the VIN they initially used in order to match the CHP. Once they did that, everything was good to go. Good luck to all the others who will be registering!

Working on it right now. DMV appointment beginning August. First available CHP appointment end of August... who knows when I can get a BAR appointment after that is done.

Anyone recommend any good locations for those in SoCal? So far I heard Thousand Oaks DMV, because there are a lot of kit car builders up there. Culver City CHP because they are friendly and easy going there. Then Pierce College BAR because the guy there has done more than a few Noble/Rossions.
    Thinking of something clever to put here.

I went to the BAR guys at Fullerton College. A bit of a hike for you, but they were super easy going and helpful back when I did it.

Actually... Fullerton College is a lot closer and easier to access than Pierce for me. I am on the east side of downtown and trekking through the 101N during any time of day sucks. Thanks for the info!

I actually wanted to see if East L.A. College or Rio Hondo College, as they are the closest JC, had one, but afraid to go if nobody has experience with those colleges.

Blog Entries
    wish i could help out in socal. it's important to go to a place that has seen this car before, this way they have a track record.
    SCCA National Runoffs GT-1 Bronze Medal
    SCCA GT-1 Divisional Champion

Noble Automotive USA (TurboHoses Company)

Noble M12/M400
    Hoover@nobleautomotive.com
    925 -455-1066

Yeah, that's the hope. Read a few threads on the SB100 process and it seemed manageable, but I just want to take out all the variables if possible. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    if there are sb100 sequence numbers, which I believe they are still available as of yesterday.

tell the dmv agent that you would like to register a "specialty constructed vehicle" that your purchased. the agent might not know about the sb100, so you can ask if they can research sb100 or ask for a manager that is familiar with this type of registration.

all you need is the bill of sale, title and Statement of construction form. Since it's already built, it's easy to fill out.
    post fees and get a temporary.

make an appt. at chp for vin verification, then BAR and brake/lamp inspection.
    SCCA National Runoffs GT-1 Bronze Medal
    SCCA GT-1 Divisional Champion

Noble Automotive USA (TurboHoses Company)

Noble M12/M400
    Hoover@nobleautomotive.com
    925 -455-1066

Quote Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
    if there are sb100 sequence numbers, which I believe they are still available as of yesterday.

tell the dmv agent that you would like to register a "specialty constructed vehicle" that your purchased. the agent might not know about the sb100, so you can ask if they can research sb100 or ask for a manager that is familiar with this type of registration.

all you need is the bill of sale, title and Statement of construction form. Since it's already built, it's easy to fill out.
    post fees and get a temporary.

make an appt. at chp for vin verification, then BAR and brake/lamp inspection.
    Amazing that sequence numbers are still available this late in the game... thought they would be all out because I heard back then if you didn't get your number by Jan. 3, you were out of luck until the next year. Do you know if AAA can do that or only DMV?

Q: How do they do the B&L when there's no 3rd brake light or does that only apply to new home builds like the Cobras?