Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Darth Vader Noble Build

Blog Entries

Darth Vader Noble Build

This is a very exciting year for me and TH. I wasn't sure where to post this, since all 3 Nobles are my personal cars and not company cars.

It's been 2+ years since we've had the car running. During that time, we've been working around the clock to develope more parts, work on customer's cars and start more services for our community and future business direction for TH. No doubt, we've grown and growing. With only so much time during the day and servicing all of our customer base. In order to see our brand grow and prosper, these cars need to be seen. Grapeman is doing an excellent job, he has fun, represents the brand and even wins. Competing is more than enough, but winning really puts the icing on the cake!!!

I'm going to blog the build/reassembly here and we hope to get to "racing" just after the start of the season.
    Right after, we will put together another track event.

All of the engine components, aside from a new cam set have arrived.
    The 3 way nitrons are due to us late next week, we've machined another set of solid control arm bushings, dry sump is done, turbo system is 95% completed, aero completed.

things to come:
    fastback install, welded door bars, big intercooler, fire system, race seat, scatter shield are all coming next.
    Randyc, is going to set up a neat chasecam system for us: front, rear & driver.

In 4 weeks, our latest engine block will be completed. However, I will already have our engine running and will continue to complete a second engine while we race the current. Once completed, we will switch engines and run an 7 hour enduro to test it's overall durability at 650whp with a couple of drivers.

We will probably have to start at SoCal and begin the logg book there. The tech inspector in Norcal has it out for us, and most people as well. If we get the SoCal logg book, we will homoligate it to NorCal and begin racing here. There's going to be a lot of driving, but it's worth it.

Very exciting for us and we hope to put on a good show.

I'll begin posting pics. shortly.
    Last edited by Hoover; 02-04-12 at 11:45 AM.
    SCCA National Runoffs GT-1 Bronze Medal
    SCCA GT-1 Divisional Champion

Noble Automotive USA (TurboHoses Company)

Noble M12/M400
    Hoover@nobleautomotive.com
    925 -455-1066

Can't wait! I'll definitely be attending these races and can offer any help the Team needs while there. Just call me "Water Boy."!

Blog Entries
    bill,

we appreciate it!!!
    it's really nice to have support out of a small community.

I'm pretty sure Falb will be out with us in his Q1.

I'll bring the shirts and baseball caps.

Consider, getting your race license. I have an extra car, i just have to make some parts for it and it can race.

I know we'll be seeing you out on track events, regardless.

One thing that we will probably do is attend some POC events. That's always a lot of fun due to the amount of gt3 cars that attend. They are VERY fast!!!!

Noble M12/M400
    925 -455-1066

Quote Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
    The 3 way nitrons are due to us late next week, we've machined another set of solid control arm bushings.
    Word of advice: either set the dampening 5 clicks up from the softest setting, or prepare for a trip to the dentist to replace the jarred loose crowns!!

Blog Entries
    we will probably test on toyos for now, and switch to slicks.

toyo gives us partial sponsorship and they developed a new set of slicks for our larger wheels.
    only in japan are these available and they are sending us a set for testing. How cool is that!!!!!!!!!!11

Noble M12/M400
    925 -455-1066

I want some!!!

Is this SoCal race at Buttonwillow? If so, I'm in!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitronix View Post
    Is this SoCal race at Buttonwillow? If so, I'm in!
    Awesome! Not sure which event Hoover is considering, but this month's race is at Willow Springs. March and April are Buttonwillow.

Blog Entries
    i don't know just yet, we have a small mountain to climb, but a few very concentrated work days and this car will be off to Tech Inspection.

Noble M12/M400
    925 -455-1066

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeman View Post
    I want some!!!
    we're going to put toyos slicks to the test, they have always been generous and I couldn't believe that they have a set of proto-slicks that are our size.

If all works, we can probably get a good deal!!!!

Noble M12/M400
    925 -455-1066