Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone modded their center console

1. Has anyone modded their center console

To accept your stereo, so you don't have to use the remote control?

Yeah. I took mine out. Problem solved!

Theres a interesting carbon faceplate available. It was posted on Pistonheads , Noble today.

I was thinking about doing it. I had to remove the center console to fix some wiring and I didnt realize that the center console faceplace is actually a machined piece of aluminum. I opted to not bother moving the radio. I dont feel like milling a new pocket out of the faceplate and then relocating the guages. Plus I have other stuff I need to do to the car.

Quote Originally Posted by colossians323 View Post
    To accept your stereo, so you don't have to use the remote control?
    yes I have... not fitted the stereo yet but I am fitting a double din unit

I cut the front of the dash off and repositioned it so that a stereo fits without it hitting the side of the dash.... its a lot of work though and I had it covered in leather.

that's beautiful, Andy!

I'm constantly amazed by the innovations that have been made to the Noble in the US alone. On a per car basis, the ~220 US owners must be the most innovative group of car owners of any model around!

That might be true--but a little hard to quantify.
    (And, BTW, andygtt is a long-time UK owner/innovator .)

Quote Originally Posted by wilson1 View Post
    that's beautiful, Andy!
    Thanks

yes Im in the UK... not much I havn't completely redesigned on my car, and there a huge number of UK cars that are also heavily modified.

I've just decided to turn my attentions to the interior now to bring it up to the quality of the rest of the car.. next step, design some full carbon seats.

update, here is the double din in my dash center... its one of these new app pioneer ones that uses the phone as I only ever used listen to the ipod previously anyhow... now I have sat nav and loads of online radio stations etc.