Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PDK Transmission and LSx

Quote Originally Posted by lowend View Post
    Attachment 10304

I can only assume I missed a post/exchange here.

As Point of Order, I'm not trying to start any fights here... just trying to discuss possibilities.
    Agreed -- unfortunately someone got triggered and started ranting.

Interesting -- It'd be interesting to see the DSG bolted to something other than a VAG product -- and working properly. ie. 4G w/ DSG and running.

Our best Laguna Lap time is 1:31 which compared to any car tested to this day from Motortrend is still top 5, but from the data I have, it's more like top 3 only beaten by p1, 918 by 1 second, somewhere in there is the ACR as well.
    Was this with your GT1 Noble? If so, wouldn't that have been on r-comps vs. what MotorTrend uses -- production cars with DOT legal tires?
    Not to suggest a 1:31 isn't quick, because it is flying around Laguna -- just would want to see a better comparison.
    Ie. The lap record by a GT1 car at Laguna (looks like it's 1:27.2, per SFRSCCA)

I have a lotus project with vw engine transplant to paddleshift
    Seems there a few Elige's with 1.8l VW motors, and a first back in 2006:
    http://www.autoblog.com/2006/08/20/m...o-elise-exige/

Wonder how difficult it is to get the DSG to function, but I imagine they used all VAG electronics/wiring and only used the Lotus chassis wiring.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post

Was this with your GT1 Noble? If so, wouldn't that have been on r-comps vs. what MotorTrend uses -- production cars with DOT legal tires?
    Not to suggest a 1:31 isn't quick, because it is flying around Laguna -- just would want to see a better comparison.
    Ie. The lap record by a GT1 car at Laguna (looks like it's 1:27.2, per SFRSCCA)

Seems there a few Elige's with 1.8l VW motors, and a first back in 2006:
    http://www.autoblog.com/2006/08/20/m...o-elise-exige/

Wonder how difficult it is to get the DSG to function, but I imagine they used all VAG electronics/wiring and only used the Lotus chassis wiring.
    Yes, with our GT-1 Noble which is relatively a stock Noble with Nitron shocks. BUT, we were lacking testing time and made a HUGE mistake on the sway bar install and untested slicks that we ran for the first time. Also, we are 200 LBS heavier than a stock Noble to meet class weight. Also, our Noble is far more
    Street than a full out Trans Am race car. Our goal was to see what could be accomplished within the rules and not altering suspension geometry. Maybe a simple mod would be a removable front Splitter that sits at race height.

Although, we did not have clear field, sometimes the driver is "faster" during a race than alone. If we can match, beat or come close to that time again, I'll be pretty satisfied. Also, this is an H-Pattern gear box not paddle shift like most of the newer technology cars. It would be even more of an apple to an apple if we had gear boxes that could level the playing-field and see how the newer cars run after 30 minutes of 11/10th +.

All in all, a very capable car considering that we had headlights, full windshield, dash, door handles, most of the interior and starts with an actual key (which was dumb on our part).

I know this isn't a Lotus forum, but the base premise of getting the paddle shifter to work correctly does transfer over for those that are interested. I can post as we work on this?
    Last edited by Hoover; 01-01-17 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Added
    SCCA National Runoffs GT-1 Bronze Medal
    SCCA GT-1 Divisional Champion

Noble Automotive USA (TurboHoses Company)

Noble M12/M400
    Hoover@nobleautomotive.com
    925 -455-1066

Blog Entries
    The gt-1 lap records for Thill and Laguna to this day are set by an engine that one of our employees assembled. The heads were RENTED for a season by the customer for an unbelievable dollar amount, then returned at the end of the season- basically NASCAR. These are 850+hp with far more tire and downforce than our cars. We averaged 1:34-36 for the next 20+ minutes till we killed the brakes in addition to sparing fuel for the remainder of the race. The front-runner gt-1 cars stayed a pace of 1:33 and they break all over the place.

Laguna is unlike any track and it's abusvie on EVERYTHING and the deep compression nearly pops the front clam off into turn 1,6 and 15.
    It takes a lot of development to be competitive and reliable at this level not only with the drivetrain but suspension, tires, brakes, bump steer, cooling etc.......
    Next time more tire, more brake cooling, and if legal, change control arm mount geometry and lower entire car. IMO, that's would put us closer to 1:30.
    SCCA National Runoffs GT-1 Bronze Medal
    SCCA GT-1 Divisional Champion

Noble Automotive USA (TurboHoses Company)

Noble M12/M400
    Hoover@nobleautomotive.com
    925 -455-1066