Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PDK Transmission and LSx

image-8.jpg it's been done before
    Last edited by cooch8c; 12-30-16 at 05:36 AM.

So - without bringing down a war here...
    I've done a little more research. I'd initially thought about the LSx being longitudinal mounted as I couldn't come up with a clutchless manual that I thought would be a good option that would side mount.
    Last night, driving my TDI Golf I had a ah-ha moment... The Audi DQ500 FWD 7 Speed Clutchless manual that's been used since 2010. Factory rated at 450ft/lbs.

So - Transverse mount is back on the table.

For the record, I could care less about an "exotic" engine.
    Last edited by lowend; 12-30-16 at 08:28 AM.

You are aware that the only V8 that fits transverse in our cars is the LS4?

That's not my point..........................

BTW, from an engineering point of view, the only way to make a longitudinally oriented LS drivetrain would be to lengthen the chassis/wheelbase to properly accommodate such an install and to redistribute F/R bias as it should be.
    Last edited by FASTLAP; 12-30-16 at 09:28 AM.
    2004 Noble M12 GTO3R (NUS0031), Platinum Silver (Currently at TurboHoses getting the Ultimate Hooverization)
    2016 Shelby GT350 #433, Track Pack, Deep Impact Blue, Black Stripes
    2013 Mustang BOSS 302 Laguna Seca #264, School Bus Yellow
    2009 MB C63 AMG Tuned
    Lola B2K/40-Nissan, 2001 Rolex 24 SRPII Class Winner, 2000/2001 Grand Am SRPII Class Champions
    Lola T87/90 S2000 SCCA National Champion 2000
    Lola T250, T252, T324; Caldwell D10

Quote Originally Posted by lowend View Post
    So - without bringing down a war here...
    I've done a little more research. I'd initially thought about the LSx being longitudinal mounted as I couldn't come up with a clutchless manual that I thought would be a good option that would side mount.
    Last night, driving my TDI Golf I had a ah-ha moment... The Audi DQ500 FWD 7 Speed Clutchless manual that's been used since 2010. Factory rated at 450ft/lbs.
    VAG DSGs are stout gearboxes, but you run into the same issue of how to control it.

Hoover, I guess I'm finished posting on this website even though my M12 and VERY FEW others are the Most technological driven TH Projects this website has ever seen. I must now assume that someone with intelligence, winning racing history and experience building race cars can no longer comment. I WILL NOT STAND for my posts to be removed when I have to be subjected to such ridiculous and insulting comments and views of others, some of which insult my intelligence. Hoover, I have a huge investment in my M12 and in TH, a financial investment which few could afford to participate in and knowledge and experience that few have. Maybe it's time for me to come pick up my M12 project and take it elsewhere. I doubt that you will be seeing any business from some of these experts in the industry, you know who I'm talking about. Certain of them don't even own a Noble or a credible performance car. I know Derek would hitch up the F350 tomorrow if I say the word go.

Hoover you can reach me by email or call me. Good luck with you're on line ENGINEERS.
    2004 Noble M12 GTO3R (NUS0031), Platinum Silver (Currently at TurboHoses getting the Ultimate Hooverization)
    2016 Shelby GT350 #433, Track Pack, Deep Impact Blue, Black Stripes
    2013 Mustang BOSS 302 Laguna Seca #264, School Bus Yellow
    2009 MB C63 AMG Tuned
    Lola B2K/40-Nissan, 2001 Rolex 24 SRPII Class Winner, 2000/2001 Grand Am SRPII Class Champions
    Lola T87/90 S2000 SCCA National Champion 2000
    Lola T250, T252, T324; Caldwell D10

29pdgr4.jpg

I can only assume I missed a post/exchange here.

As Point of Order, I'm not trying to start any fights here... just trying to discuss possibilities.

Blog Entries
    Lee Noble uses the word "special" during all the conversations I've had with him throughout the years with regards to engines in "his" designs. I interpreted this as giving his vehicles identity and uniqueness in the market. My experience with him- he chooses engines (mainly 6 cylinders) that are available during that period of development and makes best use of them, and normally, they are engines/parts that are available in the U.K. As an example, he generally does not like my LS based HVR, since it's just like any other car and lacks "identity".

From a racing perspective- The Noble is homolgated with the Duratec v6 and SCCA will not allow any other engine to be National Class legal. Our best Laguna Lap time is 1:31 which compared to any car tested to this day from Motortrend is still top 5, but from the data I have, it's more like top 3 only beaten by p1, 918 by 1 second, somewhere in there is the ACR as well.

Lee rotated the engine during the M12's racing career and Mike Quaife designed a sequential gear box which required a complete redesign of the rear clip and all ancillary components. The fuel cell was redesigned and relocated inside the greenhouse behind the seats which did eat up space and as a result better weight distribution as well as the entire cooling system to two radiators. The end result was the M15/14 which is now the M600.

The factory drive train is very reliable. There are a few M400's with 75k daily drivers and occasional track days.
    SCCA National Runoffs GT-1 Bronze Medal
    SCCA GT-1 Divisional Champion

Noble Automotive USA (TurboHoses Company)

Noble M12/M400
    Hoover@nobleautomotive.com
    925 -455-1066

Blog Entries
    I have a lotus project with vw engine transplant to paddleshift-
    Thanks for posting!
    SCCA National Runoffs GT-1 Bronze Medal
    SCCA GT-1 Divisional Champion

Noble Automotive USA (TurboHoses Company)

Noble M12/M400
    Hoover@nobleautomotive.com
    925 -455-1066