Thread: World Challenge laguna seca

Blog Entries

World Challenge laguna seca

What a fun day!

Mazda gave us the first class treatment!
    Hospitality lounge, breakfast, lunch and gifts!
    I don't feel to guilty as I am a newly Mazda owner!

BUT, I did not know that World Challenge has a class
    For small manufacturers!!!!

IMG_6646.jpg
    SCCA National Runoffs GT-1 Bronze Medal
    SCCA GT-1 Divisional Champion

Noble Automotive USA (TurboHoses Company)

Noble M12/M400
    Hoover@nobleautomotive.com
    925 -455-1066

Blog Entries
    IMG_6632.jpg

I'm pretty sure that I could homologate our cars!

Noble M12/M400
    925 -455-1066

Blog Entries
    IMG_6636.jpg............

Noble M12/M400
    925 -455-1066

Blog Entries
    IMG_6635.jpg

Noble M12/M400
    925 -455-1066

Blog Entries
    None of the GTS cars which the Noble would be classed have beat the Noble lap times...

Noble M12/M400
    925 -455-1066

Blog Entries
    This article sums up the "special" class for small boutique manufacturers.

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/pirell...-ca-1762889268
    I've met some of the proprietors of these companies at conventions, especially the Sin R1, which was ahead of the pack and had clear field for 6+laps.

Laguna Seca is the track I use for comparison of all other Marques for lap times and endurance. I have to say, I was a bit surprised that the class of small manufacturers with near unstreetable cars aren't as fast as I assumed.

None of their lap times have beat DV Noble and even with the latest racing gear boxes, they broke.

Noble M12/M400
    925 -455-1066

Blog Entries
    GTS rules:

The allowed body styles within this class are coupe, sedan and convertible. The cars permitted in GTS are typically marketed as “sports cars”, “sport touring cars” or performance versions of “luxury” cars but at a lower permissible preparation level than GT. Forced induction is permitted on cars that come equipped with forced induction stock. Power output ranges from approximately 300-400 wheel horsepower.

Weight varies depending on power output and tire size. Front-wheel, rear-wheel, and all-wheel drive configurations are permitted.

Bodywork Modifications
    Body panels are generally stock. Aftermarket wings and splitters are permitted.

Chassis Modifications

Interior may be removed except dashboard. Miscellaneous unused mounting brackets may be removed. Chassis seams may be welded.

Doors must be capable of being opened from inside and outside. Driver’s seat may be moved rearward as long as the seat back at the driver’s shoulders does not pass the vertical plane of the rear seat shelf. Windshield wipers may be removed, but an operational motor must remain in place.

Safety Modifications

A full rollcage must be used. The rollcages typically have eight main attachment points within the cockpit/trunk. The A-pillar, B-pillar and roof may be stitch-welded to the rollcage. Fuel cells are required, unless stock fuel tank is located between frame rails and the axles.

The driver’s safety equipment includes a racing seat, six- or seven-point harness, full-face helmet, head/neck restraint, window net, right-side head restraint net, side-impact protection, driver leg support system, multi-layer suit, fire-resistant shoes, gloves and underwear and a three-zone fire system.

Engine Modifications

Engines may be blueprinted and balanced. Full-prep engines may replace reciprocating internals. Custom intake manifolds may be allowed if deemed necessary. Engine management systems are free. Ignition system component may be replaced. Must maintain an operational on-board starter.

Noise limit is 110dBa. Any ECU/PCM may be used without penalty. Dry sump systems are permitted. Any cold air induction kit may be used without penalty.
    Drivetrain Modifications
    Transmission and differential coolers may be added. Limited-slip differentials are permitted.

Suspension Modifications

The OEM-type of suspension must be retained (i.e. McPherson strut, double A-arm, etc.) Alternate control arms may be submitted for approval. Shocks and springs are free, but must remain in stock location. Anti-sway bars are free. Steering geometry may be modified to correct bump steer.
    Brake System Modifications
    Brake pads, fluid, proportioning valves and lines are unrestricted. ABS may be removed or deactivated. Some vehicles may be permitted aftermarket calipers or rotors.

Wheels

Wheel offset is free, provided the approved bodywork covers the portion of the tire that contacts the track.
    Wheel diameters range from 17″ to 18″, widths from 8″ to 11″.

Tires

Tires are Pirelli P Zero Racing Slicks, in width ranging from 245mm to 315mm.

Noble M12/M400
    925 -455-1066