Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If not a Noble...

The Lotus Elise has been around as long as the M12/M400 and I would never compromise performance by settling for an Elise. I have friends that own an Elise and I consider them no match for the Noble. I consider the Noble to be an ever evolving timeless automobile much like the Porsche 911. The basic design and purpose remains and gets better with the passing years. That's why I'm having Hoover and the gang at TH doing so much work to my M12. I'm taking the car to next level which will benefit other Noble owners if they choose to do so, basically the test mule for future development. Building basically and old school drivers car and expecting performance on par with the best out there without all of the "driving hero" electronic/computer technology.
    2004 Noble M12 GTO3R (NUS0031), Platinum Silver (Currently at TurboHoses getting the Ultimate Hooverization)
    2016 Shelby GT350 #433, Track Pack, Deep Impact Blue, Black Stripes
    2013 Mustang BOSS 302 Laguna Seca #264, School Bus Yellow
    2009 MB C63 AMG Tuned
    Lola B2K/40-Nissan, 2001 Rolex 24 SRPII Class Winner, 2000/2001 Grand Am SRPII Class Champions
    Lola T87/90 S2000 SCCA National Champion 2000
    Lola T250, T252, T324; Caldwell D10

Quote Originally Posted by phun-ky View Post
    Alright. Here it goes:
    Zero-****-given cash available: Koenigsegg. Don't care which one, I'd just get that and nerd out about its tech.
    Some-****-given cash available: McLaren P1 or Lambo Sesto Elemento
    Crazy budget: Ferrari 288 GTO and off to vintage racing
    Solid budget: Ferrari 458 or 488 Speciale, keep some cash for after track repair bills
    "Noble" budget: this is tough... Radical RXC?
    Below that: probably Lotus
    I like the categories. I didn't know the koenigsegg was more than the likes of the P1 and elemento. Crazy!

There is a local Morgan, and while it is a really cool car, it's definitely small. They look pretty cramped, hanging outside the doors. They're the wood chassis, correct? A lot of the boutique cars are comparable, but it does seem that most are without a roof...

Oh, I saw a school bus on Friday, and I got a good laugh. "School bus yellow" - I've seen this color! It's the Orange, PPP. I never noticed how orange-ish a school bus is before.

Blog Entries
    When and if I have the opportunity, I'd get a car like the Morgan. We've worked on them and it's really fun to drive. I'd just like something a little more modern.
    SCCA National Runoffs GT-1 Bronze Medal
    SCCA GT-1 Divisional Champion

Noble Automotive USA (TurboHoses Company)

Noble M12/M400
    Hoover@nobleautomotive.com
    925 -455-1066

Blog Entries
    240z!!!!!

Classic!!!

Noble M12/M400
    925 -455-1066

I'll always have a special place for Datsun. It's also neat to see 1/2jz's going in those chassis now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ConSynX View Post
    I'll always have a special place for Datsun. It's also neat to see 1/2jz's going in those chassis now.
    These cars are getting expensive.
    A rust bucket is 5k now.
    I've seen them for sale in the upper 20k and for nice cars, 35k.

Noble M12/M400
    925 -455-1066

If I got rid of my Noble, it'll be for something totally different, something reliable, with parts availability, and with some creature comforts like a working air conditioner and maybe an alarm that doesn't lock you out when it feels like it.

It's sad when Aston Martin or Maserati makes a more reliable car. Oh sure, the car runs and the engine is pretty durable but what about the rest of the car? I just want a car that works, dammit. Yeah, those issues have been fixed but shouldn't be problems in the first place.

Speaking of that, you've been looking for a Noble for like 3 years, haven't you? They are rare, but not that rare. I think you just like the search but not the commitment.
    Thinking of something clever to put here.

Sounds like you've had some fun times with the noble.

I committed. I put a deposit down on Hoover's storm trooper early last year. It's been getting assembled since...
    The wait has been killing me as of late with all the car events occurring around me.

Ive put in a lot of time thinking about this in my head since I purchased my Noble a few months back. Here are my thoughts, and a list of various cars:

Sorry for the long-windedness:
    For a long time Ive owned Z32s (the 90-96 twin turbo 300zx). I love that car but its in a lower echelon. My Noble is my first true exotic. And its radically changed my perspective on "exotic cars". There was a time not long ago that I would have died and gone to heaven to own a Ferrari, a Lambo, etc, even a nice Porsche...No longer. Not that I wouldnt take one of those if given to me, but Im pretty sure after owning the Noble that Ill probably never buy one of the more mainstream exotics. While they are of course beautiful machines, they just dont hold my attention like they used to. And on to my list...

Money is no object:
    - Koenigsegg. Like phun-ky, Ill take ANY Koenigsegg...This might just be king for me.
    - Porsche 918
    - Aston martin Vulcan
    - Original McLaren F1
    - Noble M600 --Although the more I think about it, the less Im sure this one would really make the dream list.

Money is an object:
    - Lotus Evora 400
    - Mercedes AMG SL65/SLK65

Cars that I used to consider that I would no longer consider after owning my Noble:
    - Lotus Esprit
    - Nissan GT-R
    - Ferrari F355 or 360

Like many others, for me, this is a list of cars I would. Add. I dont want to get rid of my Noble lol...

I have a Lambo, Ferrari and a Bentley and... a Rossion Q1.

The latter is by far, the most fun to drive everywhere and run on the track.