Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If not a Noble...

Hoover, why would I sell my bespoke Noble M12 GTO3R when finished. It won't have the "creature comforts' that soft, pampered and spoiled American drivers expect (WAH WAH) but it will probably be the most over-the-top M12 ever built with performance that few other cars can match. The Shelby has Magnetic Ride Control and has a respectable ride until........................all Hell breaks loose!

You can't have it both ways................
    2004 Noble M12 GTO3R (NUS0031), Platinum Silver (Currently at TurboHoses getting the Ultimate Hooverization)
    2016 Shelby GT350 #433, Track Pack, Deep Impact Blue, Black Stripes
    2013 Mustang BOSS 302 Laguna Seca #264, School Bus Yellow
    2009 MB C63 AMG Tuned
    Lola B2K/40-Nissan, 2001 Rolex 24 SRPII Class Winner, 2000/2001 Grand Am SRPII Class Champions
    Lola T87/90 S2000 SCCA National Champion 2000
    Lola T250, T252, T324; Caldwell D10

Blog Entries
    image-638739416.jpg

This is wicked!
    SCCA National Runoffs GT-1 Bronze Medal
    SCCA GT-1 Divisional Champion

Noble Automotive USA (TurboHoses Company)

Noble M12/M400
    Hoover@nobleautomotive.com
    925 -455-1066

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FASTLAP View Post
    Hoover, why would I sell my bespoke Noble M12 GTO3R when finished. It won't have the "creature comforts' that soft, pampered and spoiled American drivers expect (WAH WAH) but it will probably be the most over-the-top M12 ever built with performance that few other cars can match. The Shelby has Magnetic Ride Control and has a respectable ride until........................all Hell breaks loose! You can't have it both ways................
    That's why you have multiples.....

Noble M12/M400
    925 -455-1066

Definitely some good call-outs in here.
    The 302 is an awesome car. Laguna Seca edition is even cooler. I've never see "school bus" yellow in person, but I do really like them in the green.
    The new 350 is a car I know little about as a whole, but I know that motor is supposed to be really good.

Also some AMGs, a Cobra, and an M5 mentioned...more great cars.

I recognize that many people on here have several cars. I could be wrong on this assumption, but I look at owning 1 car no different than owning 100: If you are buying a car, it's for a purpose. Whether it be a daily driver, winter beater, highway cruises, car cruiser, track toy, city spinner, grocery getter, family hauler, hidden hauler, attention auto, or something else, I feel like a car is purchased with intended use (yes I just made up some of those names). So, while the Noble may have different uses to different people, it's possible they have another car that overlaps those purposes, or that there is another car in the market that might be considered to be capable of the same thing for them. It's those cars I'm curious about.

Magnetic suspension is something wonderful isn't it?

I know the GT3RS is being shot down, but just for reference the 991 was 2.5 seconds slower than the P1 at Laguna Seca. There seem to be more GT3's in autocross lately as well, including nationals.

Blog Entries
    Some people are collectors of anything unique.
    I've seen the Nobles with 200 miles on them.

Noble M12/M400
    925 -455-1066

Blog Entries
    Months ago I drove an original Morgan. Didn't think I would like it, but really had fun!
    One of these days I will get something like a Lotus 7/Caterham...... I find my tastes are for the boutique cars nowadays.

Noble M12/M400
    925 -455-1066

Alright. Here it goes:
    Zero-****-given cash available: Koenigsegg. Don't care which one, I'd just get that and nerd out about its tech.
    Some-****-given cash available: McLaren P1 or Lambo Sesto Elemento
    Crazy budget: Ferrari 288 GTO and off to vintage racing
    Solid budget: Ferrari 458 or 488 Speciale, keep some cash for after track repair bills
    "Noble" budget: this is tough... Radical RXC?
    Below that: probably Lotus

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phun-ky View Post
    Alright. Here it goes: Zero-****-given cash available: Koenigsegg. Don't care which one, I'd just get that and nerd out about its tech. Some-****-given cash available: McLaren P1 or Lambo Sesto Elemento Crazy budget: Ferrari 288 GTO and off to vintage racing Solid budget: Ferrari 458 or 488 Speciale, keep some cash for after track repair bills "Noble" budget: this is tough... Radical RXC? Below that: probably Lotus
    I know a thing or two about Lotus. It has its teething issues for a small car manufacturer. You would think that more have dug into the deep side of performance r&d for this brand. It's
    mostly bolt-on.
    Lotus is much like the Noble and the new cup cars are into the 125k area with few sales. The engine layout for all of the Elise and current have the same layout as the M12. Cheap engine, inexpensive gear box all have limitations.

Noble M12/M400
    925 -455-1066

This company is doing some pretty cool stuff with the lotus brand and is breaking records everywhere he goes with NASA. http://www.boefab.com/blogs/rides/57...-2015-tt-build

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken7258 View Post
    This company is doing some pretty cool stuff with the lotus brand and is breaking records everywhere he goes with NASA. http://www.boefab.com/blogs/rides/57...-2015-tt-build
    I talk to them every week- good guys!
    Respectfully, NASA isn't overly difficult since the rules are a bit loose and his car is a Time Trial build. Most of the parts are simple and standard, like most aftermarket. When you get to big power, it's another world, then add endurance racing. The transmission and standard clutch are glass jaws to this day. Even aftermarket haven't worked. I'm going to have to promoters of lotus club and convince them to allow parts that are more durable.

We're still learning about the Noble as with each development we learn more with all the race data. It's really never ending and the parts we have now are only produced in small batches for those that expect the most out of their cars.

One day, we will take all our parts and start a simple race program for arrive and drive or someone can build the cars themselves.
    Last edited by Hoover; 04-16-16 at 07:51 AM.

Noble M12/M400
    925 -455-1066