Thread: Registration in Colorado

Registration in Colorado

Will be in the market for an M12 (GTO-3R or M400) and am interested in talking to any Colorado-based owners about their experience registering your Noble in Colorado. Specifically, Im in Littleton/Centennial and want to make sure I understand the process involved, if theres any significant hoops to jump through, what I should expect, etc etc. Additionally, Id also love to get an opportunity to meet up with any local owners and have a chance to chat and get a look at the car.

Thanks!
    Josh

I registered my 2004 GTO-3R in Jefferson County/Arvada about 9 months ago .
    The car had a clean, component car, out-of-state title.

I had to get a VIN check at an authorized Air Care Colorado site. I used the one in Golden (15335 W. 44th Ave.,Golden, CO 80401) but I think they can do this at most of their locations.

I then took the out of state title and the vin ID sheet to the Jeffco DMV (6510 Wadsworth, Aravada) but again, I think you can use any of them.

The snag I hit on my car was the vin identification sheet I got form ACC listed the car as a Noble. The DMV said that if it says that, I would need to do the whole emissions routine. Didnt really want to have that hanging over my head, so I went back to ACC and they changed it from Noble to Kit. Back to DMV, paid my money, got my plates, no emissions required, and all is good!

I dont know if it help, but my car was originally titled in CA and has the SB100 specially-constructed cars certificate/sticker (http://bauerltd.com/the-magical-sb10...in-california/) on the driver door jamb that I pointed out, and explained what that meant, to the ACC people. Was hoping the documented history would help.

I suspect, (from other stories I have heard), that I was lucky and they figured (on that day) just to give the old guy what he wanted and maybe he would get in his funny little car and go away. They were correct!

Let me know if you want to see/touch/go for a ride/etc. I am at approximately I-70 and Kipling.

Thanks for the info Doug, much appreciated. Thats some good info.

Yes, Id definitely like to see/touch/go for a ride! I work up in Broomfield so I pass fairly close to your area during the week. Let me know what works for you and Ill do what I can to match your schedule. If you want to discuss off-forum, you can email me at jpwhsv@gmail.com