Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Americanised paperwork

The MO VIN is made up by Missouri and assigned to the car. It does NOT work in any Missouri computer system other than fill up space and allows them to take your money. LOL

In order to get inspected in MO they have to enter a different "real" VIN in the computer, do the inspection, and then manually correct the VIN on the actual paper work. Gotta love MO.

It's crazy because NJ could not find the VIN in the system other than, Delaware an Pennsylvania where it was previously registered. They were so confused. The did give me a title and registration off the MO VIN number. Weird?

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    CA just uses the 7 digit factory VIN and AMIG uses that too for insurance purposes. Btw, I pay under $600/yr. for 6k miles per year.
    I'm not sure what type of policy you have. I will say that Hagerty a collector car insurer treats this car as a investment so the value my go up over the years and God forbid something happens to the car you my collect more than you paid. If you wreck the car with a standard car insurer your likely going to get half what you paid or it's value. Just something to check on everyone's policy. Also Hagerty has a Zero deductible. I'm just stating this as a FYI to owners out there.

Jeff