PDA

View Full Version : Rear Brake Rotors

Hoover
04-12-12, 08:15 PM
Since we are only racing DV from now on, the rear brake rotors will need replacement more often than most. Rossion rear rotors are 5 lug and we must drill the hole pattern to match the Noble 4 bolt pattern. I think it's just one bolt. This is fine for a street car, but not preferable for a race car.

We're going to remake a new hub and modify the front rotors to work in the rear. The new hub will also keep more air where it needs to be for maximum cooling. Will install a brake bias control and adjust as necessary. Will post some pics. after parts come out of cnc.

This isn't something we planned, but thinking ahead, it's a good idea for the people that are racing. getting the rear rotors can be difficult.

For now, no e-brake, but our is gone anyways.

Pinnacle
04-13-12, 04:47 PM
good thinking on all counts, and the bias adjustment will not only be needed, but helpful on various tracks, great move !

Bill
04-14-12, 09:40 PM
.......Rossion rear rotors are 5 lug and we must drill the hole pattern to match the Noble 4 bolt pattern. I think it's just one bolt. This is fine for a street car, but not preferable for a race car.

Hi Hoover, are you saying that Rossion's slotted rear rotors fit the Noble with a simple redrilling of the bolt holes? That's good to know. Are the same dimensions otherwise?

Hoover
04-15-12, 06:49 AM
yes, they are the same. i haven't done it yet, but it looks like one hole is all that's needed.

Hoover
04-25-12, 11:11 AM

Here's the location of the holes that have to be done on a mill. Three of them can be drilled, but not the one that's shares a common stud.